Contact Us

Contact Us Now For Details On Our Garden Centre

Click Here
How To Find Us

How To Find
Dalestorth Guest House

Click Here
Garden Centre

For Details On
Dalestorth Guest House

Click Here
Turf And Lawns

For More Information On All Of Our Turfing Services

Click Here

Dalestorth Guest House Nottinghamshire

Dalestorth Guest House is an 18th century Georgian ancestral home, primarily offering bed and breakfast boarding, along side corporate events and function room services to customers throughout the Nottinghamshire area.

Why Choose Dalestorth Guest House Nottinghamshire?

  • Bed & Breakfast, Ideal For Long & Short Term Stay

  • Close To Local Golf Courses & Stately Homes

  • Ideal For Mansfield & Sutton Area

  • Company & Short Stay Bookings

  • Fitted Out to Hotel Standards

  • Television & Media Facilities

  • Close To Sherwood Forest

  • Function / Meeting Rooms

  • Large Car Parking Facility

  • Set in Pleasant Grounds

  • Full Central Heating

  • Easy Access to M1

The History Of Dalestorth Guest House In Nottinghamshire

From about 1600 until 1750 the site was occupied by the OLD COCK INN, part of which is still standing. It was then purchased by the Rector of Teversal, who built the main part of the house in about 1770. In the early 19th century, the property and accompanying land was purchased by a farmer, a Mr. John Miller.

His nephew (also called John Miller) recognised the potential of the property, with its large rooms and impressive gardens. In the directory of 1832, the estate was described as “Ladies Boarding Establishment” before being renamed as “An Establishment for Young Ladies” in 1853.

For an annual fee of 20 Guineas, the young women of the district could receive instruction on plain and ornamental needlework, reading, writing, arithmetic, grammar, composition, history, geography and French.

Although the majority of the pupils were local girls, the prospectus was distributed as far as France, where English Conversation was listed among the subjects taught.

The opening of the nearby Girls Grammar School at soon led to the closure of the Academy several years later.

On the death of the owner, a Mr. J. J. Miller, the house was left in the trust of the three daughters of the family. Faith, Hope and Charity, two of which never married and the third married at the age of 62.

Hope lived alone in the large house for many years, before the house was put up for sale, leaving only nephews and nieces to inherit the estate.

After standing empty for 2 years, the building was purchased by present owners Phillip and Christine Jordan in 1976.

The property’s accompanying land was used to form a Market Garden enterprise, which developed into a Garden Centre in due course. After living in the house for 12 years, it was finally converted into the 13 bedroom, modernised Guest House it is today.

Dalestorth Guest House Nottinghamshire

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!